Welcome and Enjoy the ride!

Life is about the “Adventure”…that envelopes the simplicity of line, color, perspective and balance…all wrapped up in the emotions of life, that motivate us to change, be more than we are and inspire us and others to make the journey worthwhile, no matter where we end up.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

HAPPY 40th Carolee








On the 18th of this month I turned the big "40", I can't believe I'm that OLD already!
It all started out with an early phone call from my mom who was down in Idaho helping out my sister after just having her 5th baby. Mom n my nephews, Mitchell & Logan and niece Mykala all sang Happy Birthday to me. Then Rob called and managed to rope all the 'guys' on the slope he was working with to sing to me as well. Next I headed out for a extended walk from my house to the end of the spit (*about 7 miles) with my walking buddy Pat Evarts. Then I went to the Homer Inn Day Spa for an hour body massage by Adam, YUM! (*was nice to have the knots and tight spots worked out after that long walk and stressful work week). Then I went to my tanning appointment and soaked up some quick vitamin D and heat! In between all that I received a few more Happy Birthday wishes via the phone from other friends while lounging in the sunshine on a public bench in front of the family theater in town.
Then I walked down town and met Brittany Bug my youngest daughter for lunch. After which we walked over to Sunny Service where JJ, our neighbor and mechanic had just finished working on the fuel pump on the Suburban so I could drive home and pick up Wendy and be back in town for an afternoon matinée at the movies ( we saw GET SMART). After that we went to Jessica's work place and waited till she got off so she could come home and join the party where Krystal had just got off her work as well (she biked home from the spit and was resting). Then we had a little family celebration with white roses from my girls, ice cream & chocolate & caramel syrup, cheese cake and strawberries for gifts and some nice cards. Then we all got dressed up and headed back out to Land's End (a nice restaurant, but also the place where Krystal works...we had to drag her back out there for some reason), and had dinner together! YUM We took some pictures and videos and then headed home to snuggle up in pj's on my bed and watch some TV/movies together.
All in all it was a GREAT DAY with beautiful sunshine (*of which I was in desperate need of) my lovely girls and a day full of recreation and relaxation! The only thing it was missing was Rob, who just got home early this morning and missed the celebrations by a few days. (*He promised to make it up to me and I wonder how he'll do that...*wink*)
SO now that's over...I wonder what the next 40 years will bring.

4 comments:

Kayci said...

I CANNOT believe you are that old. Days ago you were watching my kids. I love seeing the things on your blog. If interested go to http://stevekathyjardinefamily.blogspot.com/ and see what one of those "Kids" is up to. Then you can look at their friends and see what Tiffany and Melissa are up to. Love to you, Nancy

Our son Kade said...

Update your blog!!! :)

shweetpotato said...

no way you are 40 omgosh you look just like all your girls hehe, I will be 40 next year :D I stopped by so I could see some of your graphics and havent had a chance yet.. I came from Pc Crafter :D So your in Utah? So am I :D Carm

The Wes Gordon Family said...

You are looking GREAT! way to Age gracefully, be very proud of yourself for all you have done in your 40 short years!

LOVE