Welcome and Enjoy the ride!

Life is about the “Adventure”…that envelopes the simplicity of line, color, perspective and balance…all wrapped up in the emotions of life, that motivate us to change, be more than we are and inspire us and others to make the journey worthwhile, no matter where we end up.

Monday, January 5, 2009

THE FLU hit our house over the Holidays








First off, all us girls went to see the new TWILIGHT movie and had a great time! The movie theater is close enough we all walked there and back. Then after wards Jessica, Krystal & Wendy drove out to the Haas's house for a slumber party, ...sadly to say Jessica wasn't there long when the flu bug hit her hard. Poor thing was throwing up all night long! Wendy drank from the same soda and popcorn so she was a bit queezy....so after they returned home late the next day, Jessica tried to recover and just when Wendy thought she had skipped it altogether it got her too. In fact I took her to get her Birthday 1 hour Swedish Massage and after wards to Two Sister's Bakery for a treat, she had one bite and one sip and said she felt sick. I brought her home and sure enough...she had the flu too. So we just laid low and skipped the cake, party, pictures and festivities while she threw up and slept. She did open her gifts that evening and we all sang the monkey song to her.
"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
You look like a monkey
...and you smell like one too!"

It was funny cuz all of us looked bad and felt horrible,...we laughed and called it a day. So Wendy made her cake a few days later and Jessica took the picture of it and Wendy who was still recovering from the flu bug (hence the half smile).
HAPPY BELATED Birthday WENDY!!!!! Let's hope NEXT year is MUCH MUCH better! (*on a good note she absolutely LOVED the massage and wants to do it again real soon!)
Also I forgot to mention, I normally don't allow myself time off to just sit and read books. I normally multitask in order to keep up and feel productive and since I'm not a fast reader and it takes A LOT to keep my interest to struggle through a book and sit that long, I only do it about once or twice a year. After seeing the TWILIGHT movie, I decided I was going to read the 4 books in the series. I had NO IDEA they were so long. Over 600 to 700 pages on some of them. So during all the flu bug ickies at our house... I crawled into bed and read and read and read and got up to pee and eat briefly and back to bed to read and read and read some more. I got very little sleep but finally finished all four books with in a three day period. I LOVED the books!!! Can't wait to see how they create the next three movies to cover the story line. The movie condensed parts and moved some sequencing around, but over all did a good job at portraying the charactures in the story. I'd see it again if it were playing here. It's one we'll definitly buy for our collection for sure!
Then a last note about what me and the girls did to celebrate 2008! Since no one was feeling up to a big party and I was done baking goodies for big parties and church/community events, I decided to treat us ALL to a 1 hour swedish massage at the Homer Day Spa on New Years Eve day. I sent Jessica & Krystal to get theirs first adn they came back glowing with rave reviews to do it again! Then Wendy & Brittany and I went to our session. The two younger girls were in a room together and I had the yurt. I LOVE the smells of the essential oils and the feel of my skin afterwards. Being warm and letting my muscles get the attention they need to relax and rejuvinate is uterly amazing! We tipped big and decided we'd start a tradition and do it again next year! If your interested check out their website. The summer months are booked months in advance since they are a hot spot for tourists that come to enjoy Homer, Alaska, but the winter months...they have LOTS of openings and the pretty view from the bluff is amazing as well.
http://www.homerspa.com/
HAPPY NEW YEARS everyone!

No comments: